- New Ford Mustang Fastback and Convertible to deliver world-class levels of performance and refinement; sleek new design retains classic elements
- New Mustang will deliver power of choice in New Zealand, from 5.0L V8 GT to the all-new fuel-efficient 2.3-litre EcoBoost
- State-of-the-art suspension is optimised to deliver world-class handling, precise steering control and ride comfort; innovative technology for enhanced control and connectivity
Ford has announced sharp pricing for the all-new Ford Mustang Fastback and Convertible.
The all-new Mustang arrives later this year with a recommended retail price (RRP) starting at $56,990 for the Fastback featuring an automatic transmission with a high performance 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine. The range topper is the six-speed automatic V8 GT 5.0-litre Convertible, which has an RRP of $76,990. The manual V8 GT is available in Fastback only and has an RRP of 71,990.
“The all new Mustang will appeal to those who value style, technology, performance and the heritage that the Mustang name brings,” says Corey Holter, Managing Director Ford New Zealand. “It’s a technologically advanced car without forgetting the heritage that has inspired Ford customers for generations.”
The clean-sheet design of both Ford Mustang Fastback and Convertible evokes the essential character of the vehicle, retaining key design elements of the classic Mustangs recognisable to car fans everywhere, including the long sculpted hood and short rear deck, with a contemporary execution.
Several key design features define the new Ford Mustang, including:
- A low roof height and wide stance
- Sleek profile enabled by steeply sloped windscreen and rear glass
- Three-dimensional, tri-bar tail-lamps
- Contemporary execution of the iconic car’s signature trapezoidal grille and shark-bite front fascia
Ford Mustang convertible drivers will appreciate the standard multilayer insulated cloth top that gives the car an upscale appearance and a quiet cabin. The top has a sleek profile when folded for open-air motoring.
Large, clear instrumentation puts vehicle information right in front of the driver in the roomy cabin with an aviation-inspired cockpit, while ergonomic and tactile switches and knobs provide control. The vehicle’s width and new rear suspension contribute to improved shoulder and hip room for passengers and a usefully shaped bootspace that can accommodate two golf bags.
A Mustang for the true driving enthusiast
The new Ford Mustang features all-new front and rear suspensions. At the front, a new perimeter sub-frame helps to stiffen the front structure while reducing mass, providing a strong foundation for more predictable wheel control that benefits handling, steering and ride.
The new double ball-joint front MacPherson strut system also enables the use of large, powerful brakes. Both 2.3litre EcoBoost and V8 GT Mustang models will feature performance brake packages behind standard 19inch wheels.
At the rear is an all-new integral-link independent rear suspension. The geometry, springs, dampers and bushings all have been specifically modified and tuned for this high-performance application. New aluminium rear knuckles help reduce unsprung mass for improved ride and handling.
The new Mustang features a significant number of innovative technologies providing drivers with enhanced information, control, and connectivity when they want it.
Like other Fords, the Mustang will feature high levels of connectivity via Ford’s SYNC2 system. Ford’s advanced infotainment system features a high-resolution, 8-inch colour touch screen and advanced voice control for easier access to audio, navigation, climate control and compatible mobile phones.
Engine and Transmission
- 233 kW / 432 Nm 2.3-litre GTDi EcoBoost engine
- Aluminium block and heads with integrated exhaust manifold
- DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing
- Twin scroll turbocharger
- Balance Shaft for smooth operation
- 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- Rear-drive with Limited Slip Differential
- Suspension – front; Double ball-joint independent MacPherson strut and tubular stabiliser bar
- Suspension – rear; Integral-link independent with coil springs, solid stabiliser bar and twin-tube dampers (2.3-litre EcoBoost)
- Brakes; Four-wheel power disc brakes with four-sensor, four channel anti-lock braking system and AdvanceTrac™ Dynamic Stability Control
- Brakes – front; 352 x 32 mm ventilated discs, four-piston 46 mm fixed aluminium calipers (2.3-litre EcoBoost)
- Brakes – rear; 330 x 25 mm ventilated discs, single-piston 45 mm floating iron calipers, integral parking brake
- Steering – Electric power-assisted steering with rack-and-pinion gear
- Steering ratio – 16:1
- Turning circle (kerb-to-kerb) 12.2 m
Exterior standard features
- 19” Ebony Black Painted Alloy Wheels (255/40 R19 tyres front, rear)
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Stainless Steel dual exhaust
- Rear Diffuser
- HID headlights
- LED taillights
- Fog Lamps
- Daytime Running Lights (DTRL)
- Mirrors – Heated, body coloured, Dual Power with Integrated Turn Signals
- Pony Projection Lights
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- atellite Navigation
- Automatic on-off headlights
- Floor mats (front and rear)
- Electric front and rear windows with one-touch lowering/close front windows (driver and passenger)
- Height-and-reach adjustable leather steering wheel
- Steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls
- Leather-wrapped parking brake
- Illuminated visors – driver and passenger
- Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
- Auto Dimming Rear view mirror
- Aluminium-faced Foot Pedals
- Ambient Lighting
- Illuminated Scuff Plates
- Driver and Passenger Climate Controlled Premium Leather (heated and cooled)
- 6-way Power Driver’s Seat and Power Lumbar support
- High-resolution 8” Colour Touch Screen
- Bluetooth mobile phone integration
- iPod integration
- USB integration
- 9-speaker Sounds System with Amplifier
Safety and Security
- AdvanceTrac® with Dynamic Stability Control
- Driver and passenger side airbags
- Dual Front airbags
- Driver Knee airbag
- Active Glovebox Knee Airbag (front passenger)
- Rearview Camera
- Illuminated Entry
- Securilock® Passive Anti-Theft (PATS)
- Perimeter Alarm
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
GT 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8
Additional equipment above 2.3-litre EcoBoost
Engine & Transmission
- 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle shifters (standard)
- 6-speed Getrag manual transmission (optional)
- 303 kW / 525 Nm 5.0-litre Ti-CVT V8^
- Aluminium block and heads
- DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing
- 380 x 34 mm vented front discs, Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminium calipersTyres and Wheels
- Front 19 x 9 inch Ebony Black Painted Alloy wheels R275/40 R19
- Rear 19 x 9.5 inch Ebony Black Painted Alloy wheels R275/40 R19
Iconic Global Status
More than nine million Mustangs have been sold since it was first launched in 1964. The world’s most-liked vehicle on Facebook, Mustang has made thousands of appearances in film, television, music and video games.
|New Zealand Recommended Retail Price (RRP)2
|I4 2.3-litre EcoBoost
|GT 5.0-litre Ti-VCT V8
2 This is the RRP for the vehicle only. On road costs may be payable by a customer in relation to the purchase of this vehicle. The final transaction price will be as negotiated by the customer with their chosen Dealer.
2Recommended Retail Prices only. Prices shown include GST. The actual selling price for options and accessories (fitted or unfitted) is at the dealers’ discretion.
^Power figures measured using premium fuel (95 RON)