In line with the New Zealand Government’s announcement that the COVID-19 alert level has risen to Level 4 effective at 11.59pm on Wednesday 25th March, all normal services at Ford dealerships throughout New Zealand will temporarily cease from the close of business today until further notice.
In the meantime, we will continue to support customers in the following ways:
- Our Customer Relationship Centre will remain contactable 24/7 on 0800 FORD NZ.
- AA Roadservice, provider of Ford Roadside Assistance for eligible Ford customers, has confirmed they meet the government criteria for an essential service. HOWEVER AA is restricted to providing assistance to call-outs which genuinely involve urgent/essential travel ONLY as per COVID-19 guidelines.
- In accordance with government guidelines, we will maintain an “on-call” service at key dealership locations across the country to support only essential service workers and their vehicles through the shutdown. Essential service workers needing vehicle service or repairs should call one of the following three numbers: (09) 271 8533, (09) 271 8526, (09) 271 8528. We request that these numbers are only used by customers who qualify as essential service providers, as defined by the government at the following link: https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/essential-businesses/.
- If you had booked a regular service or repair at a dealership, these will need to be rescheduled until after the Level 4 restrictions are lifted as we will not be able to accept any work for anything other than essential service vehicles.
- Our website will continue to be fully active – with customers able to explore our vehicle range, configure their preferred vehicle, and read our latest updates.
The health and safety of our employees, dealers, customers, and partners is always Ford’s highest priority. Therefore the “on-call” service we are offering for essential workers will observe social distancing and hygiene guidelines as we make every effort to support our essential workers safely.
We have dedicated teams closely monitoring the coronavirus situation, including the latest directives from New Zealand authorities, and will continue to plan and act accordingly. Once government advice allows, we will restart services.
We continue to work closely with our Dealers throughout New Zealand as we navigate our way through these challenging times together and will continue to keep you updated.
Ford New Zealand